One of the most important aspect of Strata Management that Sydney owners have a right to expect is in ensuring that the Capital Works Fund contains a suitable balance in order to complete strata maintenance to common property as required. Our view is that common property should be well maintained and in good appearance and working order for the next 100 years! Looking specifically at the unique conditions behind strata maintenance Sydney, residents can rely on The Strata Collective to deliver, at all times, leading services.
A good guide to replacement major common property items is:
- Repainting every 7-10 years
- Lift refurbishment at 20 years
- Rooftop membrane at 10 years
- LED light upgrades every 5 years
- Carpet every 10 years
- Smoke detectors – normally a one year warranty however typically last 3-5 years each light
There are many more items of strata maintenance that a strata building may have to make provision for however the above items are a good starting point for your Capital Works fund planning for strata maintenance. All of our clients have used the services of a consultant such as Solutions IE to complete their capital works plan. This provides a good guideline for owners to make suitable decisions concerning their property.
What to look for in strata maintenance
The team at The Strata Collective works exclusively with strata maintenance specialists. Our team of contractors’ core business is to provide strata maintenance to strata managers in Sydney. Our key requirements for each tradesperson is:
- Contact a make an appointment for the works same day as receiving a works order
- Attend site promptly (1-3 days) unless urgent (locks, glass and plumbing emergencies) or alternative timing is requested by the client
- Be courteous, well dressed and professional
- Attend and rectify common property in a proper manner
- Leave site clean
- Charge in line with agreed rates for services
Whilst there are a number of good technology solutions to select tradespeople, The Strata Collective will generally appoint tradespeople from our panel of strata maintenance tradespeople that have been used for many years. This ensures that we have a good understanding of the key skills of each tradesperson and can select the best company for the required works.
Preventative maintenance is a critical part of all strata maintenance Sydney contracts, in order to ensure that items of plant and equipment are well maintained to achieve optimal performance. It is recommended to have maintenance contracts for:
- Common property Hot water systems
- Garage doors
- Foyer doors
- Pest Control
- Garbage chutes
- Air Conditioning Services
Should you have any further questions concerning repairs and maintenance of common property, please call your strata manager for strata maintenance in Sydney.